When: Wednesday November 17 at 12.30pm
REGISTER HERE to book your free place and receive the Zoom link.
A Better Start E Tipu e Rea National Science Challenge and Whānau Āwhina Plunket invite you to a free webinar looking at the latest research on infant growth on Wednesday November 17 at 12.30pm.
A Better Start deputy director Professor Barry Taylor and Whānau Āwhina Plunket’s chief nurse Dr Jane O’Malley will be joined by three key speakers to discuss the latest research and developments in infant growth, including:
- Using BMI as a measure of nutrition in infants, how to interpret it, and what it predicts for the future
- How to approach the conversation with parents whose child is gaining weight too rapidly, and how to separate a demand for food versus a demand for attention.
Our guest speakers for this webinar are:
- Dr Denise Guy – Child psychiatrist and founding trustee for Incredible Families
- Waikura Kamo – Whānau Āwhina Plunket National Clinical Nurse Educator Māori
- Dr Lisa Daniels – A Better Start National Science Challenge Post-doctoral Fellow
This webinar is free and open to anyone, but will be of particular interest to health professionals. It is hosted on Zoom; Registration is essential.
Please note: Health professionals may use attendance at this webinar for continuing professional development points
This is the final webinar in a three-part series hosted by A Better Start and Whānau Āwhina Plunket. Recordings of the first two webinars can be viewed here:
- Help Me Sleep – the latest research on infant sleep
- Sleep Me Safe – the latest research on Sudden Unexplained Death in Infancy (SUDI)
A Better Start National Science Challenge will run more child health and child wellbeing webinars throughout 2021-22; to get the latest information and registration details, sign up to A Better Start’s newsletter here