Discover the latest research in infant growth in this webinar – the final in a three-part series hosted by A Better Start National Science Challenge and Whānau Āwhina Plunket.
A Better Start Deputy Director Barry Taylor and Whānau Āwhina Plunket’s Chief Nurse Dr Jane O’Malley are joined by three guest speakers to discuss the latest research and developments in infant growth including:
- Using BMI as a measure of nutrition in infants, how to interpret it, and what it predicts for the future
- How to approach the conversation with parents whose child is gaining weight too rapidly, how to support caregivers to follow their baby’s cues, and how to separate a demand for food versus a demand for attention.
The guest speakers for this webinar are:
- Dr Denise Guy – Child psychiatrist and founding trustee for Incredible Families
- Waikura Kamo – Whānau Āwhina Plunket National Clinical Nurse Educator Māori
- Dr Lisa Daniels – A Better Start National Science Challenge Post-doctoral Fellow
View the recordings for the first two webinars in this series here:
A Better Start National Science Challenge is hosting more webinars on child health and wellbeing throughout 2021-22. Subscribe to our newsletter here for updates and registration links.